From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: vapier@g.o, Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some 'proper coding' notes for ebuilds
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 18:55:05
1 On Sunday 03 August 2003 7:48 pm, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > historically all bash pieces of code have been taborized and if you look
3 > through the current tree, the vast majority are tabbed ...
4
5 Good for them ;-)
6
7 > the other reason i like tabs is we're looking at 1 byte vs 4 (or more) :)
8
9 Lots of laughter. And how many extra pages on disk would be required if
10 spaces were used instead of tabs? ;-)
11
12 Sorry, but your arguments aren't convincing me yet that
13
14 a) This belongs in the coding standards at all, and
15 b) That tabs are the way to do this
16
17 I guess I'm just a cantankerous old bugger, as we say over here ;-)
18
19 Take care,
20 Stu
21 --
22 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
23 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
24 Beta packages for download http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/packages/
25
26 GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
27 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C