From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Reviving GLEP33
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 07:52:21
On 7 August 2010 02:18, Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
> The thing you're ignoring out of this g55 idiocy is that people don't > particularly seem to want it.  There has been an extremely vocal > subgroup of paludis/exherbo devs pushing for it while everyone else > seems to have less than an interest in it.  That's generalizing a bit, > but is reasonably accurate.
Exactly. This is Gentoo. Let Exherbo devs go develop their own distro and stop trying to interfere with Gentoo. It is time the council puts a definite stop to GLEP 55.
> _EITHER WAY_, rather than having g33 get beat down for unrelated > reasons by people screaming they want their pony/g55, g33 can proceed > despite claims to the contrary, and it doesn't require g55 as > ciaran/crew have claimed.
I for one am a strong supporter of GLEP 33. I believe it is one of the most promising ways to move forward. And I hope the council decides to get behind this. Cheers, Ben

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Reviving GLEP33 David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Reviving GLEP33 Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Reviving GLEP33 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>