From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Guidelines for IUSE defaults
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 09:28:41
1 W dniu 07.02.2017, wto o godzinie 21∶20 +1300, użytkownik Kent Fredric
2 napisał:
3 > On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 08:52:06 +0100
4 > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > I see no point in discouraging IUSE defaults, given that they are
7 > > purely advisory for the package manager:
8 > >
9 > > "[...] any use flag name in IUSE may be prefixed by at most one of a
10 > > plus or a minus sign. If such a prefix is present, the package manager
11 > > may use it as a suggestion as to the default value of the use flag if
12 > > no other configuration overrides it." [1]
13 >
14 > That's useful to know, but the problem as I see it is clearly greater
15 > than just USE defaults and Portages application of them:
18 The problem is that some people believe they can solve all problems
19 Gentoo could ever have via more discussion on the mailing lists. They
20 just need more discussion to invent some more problems.
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny