From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Announcing Gentoo Universe
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:57:03
1 Hi,
2
3 It's been running for about a week already but its about time it was properly
4 announced :)
5
6 It seems that we have a fairly even split of opinions on whether Planet Gentoo
7 should be strictly for Gentoo and related topics, or whether it should be a
8 full aggregation of more personal articles plus Gentoo articles too.
9
10 As a result of this, we’ve decided to launch a second site, Gentoo Universe,
11 which will aggregate all articles (any topic) on participating developers
12 weblogs. This will run alongside Planet Gentoo, which will still remain an
13 aggregation for Gentoo and related articles and will continue as normal.
14
15 New contributors will be added to both sites. All existing contributors feeds
16 have been copied over. If you are an existing contributor and you'd like to
17 truly become part of the universe by having your feed 'de-restricted' on the
18 universe site, please send me an email or catch me on IRC. The only
19 restriction is that all articles should be written in English.
20
21 If you host your weblog at http://planet.gentoo.org/developers and would like
22 to also participate in the universe site, let me know, and I will give you the
23 ability to add more categories to your blog. (You still need to keep Gentoo
24 stuff categorised separately so that the original Planet can keep running as
25 normal)
26
27 Gentoo Universe can be found at http://planet.gentoo.org/universe/
28
29 Currently, there isn't a great amount of difference between the two sites.
30 This will change as more people give me their entire feed URL's.
31
32 Thanks,
33 Daniel
34 --