From: Aadi Deshpande <cilqproj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ways to help?
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:29:52
1 Like everyone else, I'd like to start by thanking the makers of Gentoo for an incredible(!!!)
2 distro. You've given me the best reason to start to ditch my Windows machines at work and at
3 home. I have to say, this is linux the way it was meant to be.
4
5 My question is simple: where are you guys looking for volunteers? I've been working with Gentoo
6 since RC6 and I felt it was time to start helping out. I checked on the website for a volunteer
7 task list or something to that effect, but I'm not sure if it's not posted or if I'm not looking
8 in the right place.
9
10 I've been making some ebuilds in my spare time, mainly for packages that I'm interested in, but I
11 haven't had the urge or the knowhow to submit them.
12
13 I've also been in #gentoo on OPN helping people out, so if there's FAQ maintenance that I could
14 help with, that would be great.
15
16 I also know Python pretty well ( but I hear Portage 2 is in C++, so I may not be as effective
17 helping there. )
18
19 Thanks in advance for your replies.
20
21 Aadi
29 Do You Yahoo!?
30 Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
31 http://taxes.yahoo.com/