From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Goodbye Java on ppc32?
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 11:03:38
1 James Le Cuirot schrieb:
2 > At the end of the day, it's not the JVM that's the biggest time > sink but testing the various Java packages on yet another >
3 architecture.
4 [...]
5 > So please let me know if you have been using Java on this platform. > I did wonder whether we had any users at all but one has spoken up >
6 in #gentoo-powerpc.
7
8 I have been building and experimenting with Java stuff on my PowerBook
9 G4, but more out of curiosity than out of need.
10 If testing is the obstacle that prevents continued support then I can
11 volunteer to help out with that.
12
13 But I don't need it, and if it makes life easier for you, I think
14 dropping it is fine. Maybe also post an announcement in the forums.
17 Best regards,
18 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn