From: Chris Smith <chris.rs@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: automake problem in ebuild
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:31:14
1 On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:07, Pat Double wrote:
2 > Greetings. I am trying to construct the following ebuild for "NoteEdit", a
3 > musical score editor for KDE. I get the following error in the configure
4 > part, which I do not get if I extract the source to /usr/src and use
5 > "./configure". Has anyone else had this problem? Easy fix?
6
7 I'm not very experienced with automake and the such, but I know Gentoo has a
8 genius system (borrowed from MDK :) where /usr/bin/automake is actually a
9 perl script, which runs a certain version of automake depending on shell
10 variables
11
12 The perl script defaults to a certain version of automake, and you need to
13 check the noteedit docs to see which version it needs to build correctly.
14 Then all you have to do is set the correct shell variable.
15
16 --snip from /usr/bin/automake--
17 # - defaults to automake-1.4
18 # - runs automake-1.6 if it exists and...
19 # - envvar WANT_AUTOMAKE_1_6 is set to `1'
20 # -or-
21 # - `Makefile.in' was generated by automake-1.6 or superior, which
22 # specifically needs automake-1.6
23 # - runs automake-1.5 if it exists and...
24 # - envvar WANT_AUTOMAKE_1_5 is set to `1'
25 # -or-
26 # - configure.ac is present
27 # -or-
28 # - `configure.in' contains AC_PREREQ and the value's 3 first letters
29 # are stringwise greater than '2.1'
30 # -or-
31 # -`configure' is already present and was generated by autoconf greater than
32 # '2.1'
33 # -or-
34 # - `Makefile.in' was generated by automake-1.5 or superior, which
35 # specifically needs automake-1.5
36 --snip--
37
38 I also assume that autoconf and the rest of the family has similar systems.
39
40 Hope I could help,
41 Chris
46 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list