From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What's going on with the tmpfiles eclasses?
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 12:25:11
1 On Wed, 2019-04-24 at 07:56 -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > Likewise, the only function in tmpfiles.eclass that uses a systemd or
3 > opentmpfiles program is
4 >
5 > tmpfiles_process() {
6 > ...
7 > if type systemd-tmpfiles &> /dev/null; then
8 > systemd-tmpfiles --create "$@"
9 > elif type tmpfiles &> /dev/null; then
10 > tmpfiles --create "$@"
11 > fi
12 > ...
13 > }
14 >
15 > which will still work (albeit with a warning) if you somehow manage not
16 > to have virtual/tmpfiles installed. So, if it's important, I think we
17 > could drop the RDEPEND="virtual/tmpfiles" from tmpfiles.eclass.
18
19 Programs depend on tmpfiles being actually processed (either at install
20 time or on boot). If you don't have the deps, you'll end up with
21 missing directories, and programs that don't work out of the box.
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny