From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: bug wrangler queue is large...
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 09:27:47
1 Jeroen Roovers posted on Wed, 26 May 2010 05:08:44 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Tue, 25 May 2010 23:40:44 +0200
4 > Harald van Dijk <truedfx@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 >> Yes, people like myself who don't normally wrangle bugs but try to help
7 >> out occasionally. I'm not really interested in receiving all bug
8 >> wrangler e-mails.
9 >
10 > Nobody should be required to read all that crap. :)
11
12 I've often wished there was a way to flag a bug as "I'm not thru messing
13 with it yet, don't mail anyone yet." That's especially true when I know
14 I'm going to be attaching 2-3 addition files, emerge --info, build log,
15 maybe sth else like a config file or even a patch, where I know the
16 wranglers are going to get all those extra mails.
17
18 Or, if there was a way to attach files as part of the initial filing, but
19 if there is, I've not found it.
20
21 Alternatively, for normal bugs at least, maybe attaching emerge --info can
22 be made a part of the process, with the post-submit note saying the bug
23 won't be reported until that second step. (Then for bugs that clearly
24 don't need it, where the bug's clearly in an initscript or something, have
25 a checkbox on that second step saying "emerge --info shouldn't be needed
26 for this.") That would both encourage emerge --info submission AND
27 prevent one layer of bug spam at the same time! =:^)
32 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman