From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-sparc@g.o, gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] NEW ~arch KEYWORDS
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 19:56:16
1 Hi All,
2
3 Pursuant to the recently announced news item, (and many of you probably
4 already know), we have ~arch KEYWORDS in many ebuilds. The purpose of
5 this is to allow a stable "profile" for each architecture, without letting
6 package versions go ridiculously out of date. So, basically, new packages
7 will (once the freeze is lifted) and updated versions of current packages
8 (with the exception of critical and security updates) will get tagged with
9 ~arch for the architectures upon which they were previously marked.
10
11 For those of you who are adventurous (yes fans of bleeding edge, I know
12 you're there, I can see you), please put:
13
14 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~arch"
15
16 (substitute arch for x86, ppc, sparc, sparc64 or alpha, depending on your
17 hardware platform) and test away. Please report bugs etc so we can have a
18 relatively updated stable profile too :)
23 Seemant Kulleen
24 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
25 Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org/~seemant
26
27 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x225EF866
28 Key fingerprint = 592A 35F7 09CA FAB4 17B3 6E97 72E6 23CC 225E F866