From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] grub-2 configuration
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 14:40:53
1 On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 10:42:43AM -0400, Tom H wrote:
2 > I was sharing what I do because I've overwritten a manually-edited
3 > grub.cfg by running grub-mkconfig/grub2-mkconfig/update-grub (re
4 > grub2-mkconfig, I use grub-mkconfig on Gentoo because I set
5 > "-multislot") more than once - and I know other sysadmins who've made
6 > the same mistake.
7
8 Multislot is a downstream feature that renames parts of grub-2.x to
9 grub2-* instead of grub-* so that grub-0.x and grub-2.x can be on the
10 system at the same time. My understanding is that it is there to make
11 switching back and forth between grub-0 and grub-2 easier . In my
12 opinion, the better choice is to turn it off.
13
14 William