From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Keywords policy
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:55:16
1 В Втр, 11/03/2008 в 06:36 +0100, Jeroen Roovers пишет:
2 > On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 23:04:54 -0600
3 > Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Just like when you add a new ebuild, you add it with the keywords for
6 > > architectures you personally have verified to work.
7 >
8 > It seems you're confusing packages and ebuilds now.
9
10 Jeroen, there are two different things that were already told in this
11 tread, but I'll try to repeat in different words, in hope to make them
12 clearer.
13
14 1. keywords were dropped on purpose: kde-4 is a major rewrite and it is
15 supposed to be thoroughly tested by arch team before becoming ~arch.
16 This fits our current policy.
17
18 2. you can not expect anything about the hardmasked ebuild/package[1]:
19 don't expect that it'll work, don't expect maintainers to tell you
20 anything (fill you bug) about it. We have such packages in the tree
21 because some brave users[2] and maintainers want to test them before
22 they'll enter ~arch. But for users we have policy to prohibit bugs for
23 hardmasked packages because if you want to report anything back you are
24 supposed to follow Gentoo and upstream development and if you follow,
25 you'll know what reports are allowed and that this policy is not quite
26 true :). If you'd followed kde development you'd were aware about
27 changes and you tested packages together with kde developers and ebuilds
28 entered tree with ~hppa. You don't follow kde development than it's
29 better not to touch hardmasked kde packages.
30
31 So if you want to see another policy it's possible to write that arch
32 teams should not bother to work with hardmasked ebuilds and that's it.
33 But I do not think we need such policy as hardmasked means hidden far
34 from users...
37 [1] yes, the are the same in this context
38 [2] developers who are not maintainers are users too
39
40 With best wishes,
41 --
42 Peter.