From: Greg Corcoran <gregc@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] no CD burner
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:39:07
1 I recently managed to install Gentoo on a laptop that had no cd-rom and
2 only a USB floppy, the laptop did have a built in eepro100 though.
3
4 I had to create my own custom floppy that just brought up enough of the
5 networking system to download the i686 stage 3 tarball. I extracted and
6 chrooted and it worked!
7
8 I do believe its possible to create a single disk installer for Gentoo
9 for a specific ethernet card/chip.
10
11 Greg
12