From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Attn IA64&S390 devs - Marking core PHP packages stable - bug #56295 redux
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 09:38:42
1 On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 02:07:41 -0700 "Robin H. Johnson"
2 <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
3 | > Well, our s390 dev is on extended leave, so you'll hear nothing from
4 | > him for a month or two...
5 |
6 | Do we even have any s390 users?
7
8 AFAICS, we have one or two who visit the forums and maybe another few
9 within IBM.
10
11 Nobody screamed when I gave s390 a newer stable vim (I had to kill some
12 older versions to fix the eclass), chances are you're probably safe
13 stabling a newer php for them. Probably better than just dropping the
14 keyword.
15
16 Note: this should not be taken as a blanket recommendation from me to
17 mess with other archs' keywords. Just s390, and only if you really
18 really have to, and only until Randy gets back.
21 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
22 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
23 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm