From: Jano Lukac <jano@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New 2.4.18_pre3 (2.4.18_pre3+mjc+XFS) kernel and Athlon bug
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 17:00:59
1 Installs fine and everything plays nice on my system (dual p3). I don't
2 have problems with my nvidia tnt2 card. What is the rivafb software
3 blanking thing?
4
5 As far as the mjc patch, is stuff from his older patches included in the
6 newer ones? I got the option for lock-break, which would seem to be
7 somewhat contra the mini-low-latency patch? I know it's included in the
8 version 2 and 1.
9
10 jano
11
12 Daniel Robbins said:
13 > Hi All,
14 >
15 > If you have an Athlon system, be sure this email in its entirety. A
16 > potential CPU bug fix workaround is covered at the bottom.
17 >
18 > I've spent the last few days working on a new kernel for Gentoo Linux.
19 > This kernel is *excellent* (it's basically the -mjc kernel plus XFS)
20 > and contains tons of security-related enhancements, including:
21 >
22 > XFS (from 16 Jan 01 CVS)
23 > Preemptible Kernel Patch (2.4.18-pre3) (Robert M. Love)
24 > Waitqueue Patch (William Lee Irwin III)
25 > Parallel Scanning Patch (William Lee Irwin III)
26 > Reverse Mapping Patch #11b (Rik van Riel)
27 > IEEE-1394 fixes (Andrew Morton)
28 > Mini Low Latency Patch (Andrew Morton)
29 > Loopback Deadlock Fixes (Andrew Morton)
30 > Read Latency Fixes (Andrew Morton)
31 > Truncate Garbage Fixes (Andrew Morton)
32 > kGDB (kgdb team)
33 > Zerocopy Pipes (Manfred Spraul)
34 > Pollselect Fixes (Manfred Spraul)
35 > Jiffies wraparound fix (Tim Schmielau)
36 > RivaFB Software blanking (?)
37 > O(1) Scheduler (Ingo Molnar)
38 > -O(1) 'sleep history' comment readability (me)
39 > TUX linux kernel webserver (Ingo Molnar et al)
40
41 <snip to save bandwidth>
42 > --
43 > Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>