From: Ben Kohler <bkohler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: removing "server" profile variants from profiles.desc
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 18:57:01
1 I would like to suggest that the "server" profile variants
2 (ie default/linux/amd64/10.0/server) be unlisted from profiles.desc, so
3 that they do not show up in "eselect profile list" for new users. As far
4 as I know, this server target is unmaintained, undesirable, and somewhat
5 silly, if you look at its make.defaults. If this target is being kept
6 around just so we don't break older setups, then simply removing from
7 profiles.desc would allow these systems to keep using the profile, without
8 presenting it as a viable option for new users.
9
10 Thoughts?
11
12 -Ben Kohler