From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] .la files and their future on Gentoo
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 21:13:12
1 Le 02/10/2010 21:54, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto a écrit :
2 > With that goal in mind, I'd like to ask anyone with arguments about this
3 > issue to present them as a reply to this thread.
4
5 [putting on my X11 cap]
6
7 As far as X11 packages are concerned (libX11, libXext, cairo, etc), we
8 can remove .la files now since upstream only supports linking through
9 pkg-config (static linking included).
10
11 So X11 can remove them any time, I was just waiting for a flag-day to do it.
12
13 Cheers,
14
15 Rémi