From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFD: EAPI specification in ebuilds
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:22:58
1 On 03/08/2012 08:11 AM, David Leverton wrote:
2 > On Mar 8, 2012 3:29 PM, "Zac Medico"<zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Something like DEPEND="foo bar" is also valid bash, and yet we don't
4 >> allow that either because "foo bar" does not contain valid dependency
5 >> atoms.
6 >
7 > There's a bit of a difference between caring about the value of a
8 > variable and caring about what syntax was used to assign it....
9
10 Maybe that sort of distinction truly makes a difference to some people,
11 but to me it just seems like hair-splitting [1].
12
13 [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trivial_objections
14 --
15 Thanks,