From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About libpng-1.4 handling
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 05:36:17
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> writes:
2
3 > if you're "digging around" then clearly you havent done the obvious and run
4 > revdep-rebuild ? that is pretty user-friendly.
5
6 I do not know if I had done something wrong beforehand, but "simply"
7 running revdep-rebuild did not work for me - a number of packages failed
8 to rebuild during the revdep-rebuild. They were still failing to find
9 libpng12 during the rebuild while doing gtk-doc scan. In every case,
10 manually unmerging the package concerned and re-emerging it was
11 successful. It is as though it was using the scan (which needed
12 libpng12) from the already installed package in preference to the one it
13 had built in /var/tmp/portage/...