From: Ricardo Correia <gentoo-dev@××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for an alternative portage tree sync method
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:58:38
1 On Tuesday 22 March 2005 15:03, Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > And where is the benefit beside mirrors don't need to have a running
3 > rsync? If it uses exactly the same algorithm for finding the
4 > differences, users won't download less.
7 As it was already mentioned, it works through HTTP.
8
9 But what I think is great is that a sync doesn't have to work on 110,000
10 files, instead it only works on 1 file sequentially.
11 As you perhaps know how disks work, this should be a lot faster.
12
13 And zsync can be even better, it's still in the early stages of development.
14
15 I see only benefits (even if we just compare it to emerge-webrsync) :)
16 But only through experimentation we'll be able to see the difference..
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list