From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenRC & baselayout-2 meets Gentoo
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:53:05
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Monday 24 March 2008, Doug Goldstein wrote:
3 >
4 >> Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Monday 24 March 2008, Doug Goldstein wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> And by all upgrade paths would that include adding the bad
9 >>>> conversion of /etc/modules.autoload.d/
10 >>>>
11 >>> looks/tested correct to me
12 >>>
13 >> breaks for anything with a module parameter
16 > last i looked module parameters were not allowed. but it's a good thing it's
17 > p.masked so we can fix it easily.
18 > -mike
19 >
20 /etc/modules.autoload.d has always allowed module parameters to appear
21 after the module name.
22
23 /etc/conf.d/modules has allowed a completely different syntax requiring
24 variables based on the module name to be set with the module parameters.
25
26 This is where Roy and I have been stuck as far as an automatic
27 conversion process. The stuff you included in the openrc-9999 ebuild was
28 something I had sent to Roy months ago before I realized module
29 parameters would be an issue. Looking at a swath of various
30 /etc/modules.autoload.d/ files, I haven't come up with shell code that
31 does the right thing everytime with all the files, which is why I've
32 left it up to being a manual process for the user and simply documenting it.
33 --
34 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list