From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] User ebuilds: all developers, please read this
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 00:46:32
1 On Tuesday 31 July 2001 03:47, you wrote:
2 > Dan Armak wrote:
3 > >Hi all,
4 > >
5 > >I have taken on myself the management of incoming ebuilds from users
6 > > without cvs accounts. The ebuilds will (for now) still be posted here.
7 > >
8 > >Ebuilds go into /usr/portage/incoming. I will create low-priority, public
9 > >unstable dev-wiki notes to the teams involved for each ebuild.
10 > >
11 > >Developers should test ebuilds, classify them and move them to their new
12 > > home (and delete them from incoming). To keep track of the situation I
13 > > suggest that whenever a developer verifies a user ebuild, he should grab
14 > > the wiki item (and mark it completed or not as needed).
15 > >
16 > >On the mailing list, I will post std. notes as replies to the ebuilds I
17 > > move to /usr/portage/incoming.
18 >
19 > Actually, I suggest grabbing the wiki first. Then you will know if
20 > someone else has claimed it.
21 >
22 > Oh, and by the way Dan, Chad (me, aka Bab5, aka chadh) is a developer now.
23 >
24 > Chad (chadh)
25 Oh! OK. Glad you've joined us. You'll probably want to grab all your own wiki
26 items, then. I didn't look into names, but rather added all ebuilds into
27 incoming which weren't in cvs yet.
31 Dan Armak
32 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
33 Matan, Israel