From: Sean Mitchell <SMitchell@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: "'gentoo-dev@g.o'" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] USE settings for specific apps
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:21:01
1 > > For my money I think that a command line switch to emerge/ebuild to
2 > > turn certain USE variables on or off would be better. The idea that
3 > > a user ALWAYS or NEVER wants to use a particular thing seems a bit
4 > > rigid to me.
5 >
6 > You can do this with BASH already. just set the use variably as you
7 > like it and then emerge. or
8 >
9 > % USE="foo bar baz" emerge foo/bar
10 >
11 > I am not up on the syntax, but you can also use += or -= to remove
12 > variables, I think.
13
14 That would work, but I'd rather see a non-shell specific like:
15
16 emerge --do-not-use=foo --do-not-use=bar --use=baz foo/bar
17
18 Makes it easier for a GUI frontend too....
21 Sean