From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pam: thoughts on modernizing pam_limits configuration that Gentoo ships with
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 12:46:26
1 > On 11 Dec 2022, at 08:28, Piotr Karbowski <slashbeast@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I'd like to touch base on the topic of pam_limits and the defaults that we ended up with in Gentoo.
6 >
7 > [...]
8 >
9 > Any thoughts?
10 >
11 > Unless there's strong opposition to not bump those 1024/4096 current defaults, I'd like to bump those limits. Normally I'd create a bug and assign it to maintainer, however our sys-libs/pam maintainer has not been seen in last half a year, so I'd end up joining as co-maintainer there in the result.
14 You should still file a bug for two reasons:
15 1. Paper trail
16 2. sys-auth/pambase has another maintainer who *is* active :)
17
18 As for the question in your post, I'll have a think. Thanks!
19
20 Best,
21 sam