From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: devurandom@×××.net, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding USE=udev to linux profiles
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2018 13:33:23
1 On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 5:33 AM Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Sure, why not? So ^flag would mean that the flag state propagates from
4 > the settings in IUSE.
5
6 Presumably this could be overridden in subsequent profiles, or
7 /etc/portage. That is, one profile might set a flag, and another
8 profile could unset it, and then the final one could re-set it.
9
10 > It's also conceivable that we could add a way for
11 > profiles to modify the effective IUSE defaults, via new operators in
12 > package.use or by introducing a new file such as package.use.default.
13
14 That makes sense, or the syntax could be available in the ebuild. I
15 imagine the better approach to take would depend on the nature of the
16 incompatibility.
19 Rich