From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A new 'arches@gentoo.org' alias for bugzilla?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:25:00
1 Stuart Herbert wrote: [Thu Jul 22 2004, 06:53:32AM EDT]
2 > Well, having to manually add all the arches by hand is error-prone. Plus,
3 > just keeping track of all the arches isn't easy either. No-one maintains a
4 > list of valid arches + aliases on www.g.o (have you *seen* how out of date
5 > the Project Listing is atm?).
6 >
7 > So, I'm sorry about the inconvenience this might cause the arch teams, but not
8 > having an alias like this seems more inconvenient for the rest of the devs -
9 > ie the majority of us.
10
11 To the best of my knowledge each arch has the respective ${arch}@g.o
12 e-mail address, so all that is needed to identify the archs to add to
13 the bug is "grep KEYWORDS *.ebuild". I suspect that if somebody asked
14 agriffis nicely he's write a quick script to identify all distinct
15 keywords to make things even less error prone (perhaps even spitting out
16 the bugzilla-friendly list of e-mail addresses, so one could just
17 cut&paste), and I'd much rather do that than swamp the
18 usually-understaffed alternative arch teams w/ unnecessary bug reports.
19
20 -g2boojum-
21 --
22 Grant Goodyear
23 Gentoo Developer
24 g2boojum@g.o
25 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
26 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76