From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFCv2: USE=avcodec (+ USE=ffmpeg/libav)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 08:18:49
1 On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 08:57:43 +0100
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > Since you didn't like the previous hacky idea, here's a new one.
7 >
8 > The basic flags correspond to features and are used if the relevant
9 > support is optional:
10 >
11 > avcodec - Enables audio/video decoding support via libavcodec
12 > (ffmpeg/libav)
13 > postproc - Enable image post-processing via libpostproc
14 > (ffmpeg/libpostproc)
17 I crearly prefer the other prop. We have: libavcodec, libavdevice,
18 libavfilter, libavformat, libavresample, libavutil, libpostproc,
19 libswresample, libswscale. Do you want a useflag for each of them ? Can
20 you tell me on top of your head which one will force ffmpeg and which
21 one will force libav ?
22
23 Also, avcodec is just a codec library that, alone, is mostly useless for
24 e.g. a video player: you need a demuxer to read your files, which
25 demuxer is in libavformat...
26
27 Alexis.