From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Bits 55-60 of /proc/PID/pagemap entries are about to stop being page-shift some time soon ?
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 21:41:30
1 I got this odd message from the kernel on one of my MIPS machines last
2 night. Looks like a warning that went into the kernel back in April of
3 2013. Anyone aware if this is the result of an old userland program that we
4 might need to check in to?
5
6 [1073405.340000] Bits 55-60 of /proc/PID/pagemap entries are about to stop
7 being page-shift some time soon. See the linux/Documentation/vm/pagemap.txt
8 for details.
9
10 https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/4/30/279
13 Joshua Kinard
14 Gentoo/MIPS
15 kumba@g.o
16 4096R/D25D95E3 2011-03-28
17
18 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And
19 our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
20
21 --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic