From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: Joslwah@g.o
Cc: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] xelatex --- Can't load fontspec (no \define@choicekey)
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 15:08:22
1 Josh,
2 As you recall, I discussed problems with \use{fontspec} in xelatex
3 with you earlier. I am copying gettoo-dev@ on the off chance other
4 people are playing with xelatex, too. People who have no idea what I am
5 talking about might as well stop reading now.
6 The difficulty is that fontspec in one instance uses
7 \define@choicekey, and it's trying to decide between AAT and ICU.
8 Unfortunately, \define@choicekey is not defined anywhere. The solution
9 is to use \define@key instead and to always use ICU. The little patch I
10 have attached does that.
11 With this change to fontspec.sty, under xelatex
12 \use{fontspec}
13 loads the style file as expected, and commands like
14 \setromanfont[BoldFont=""Charis SIL"" Bold,ItalicFont=""Charis SIL""
15 Italic]{""Charis SIL""}
16 work the way they are supposed to. (And yes, you do need the double ""
17 because otherwise, xelatex stops scanning at the space and tries to load
18 Charis (not "Charis SIL").)
19 Hope this is of interest,
20 Regards,
21 Ferris
22 --
23 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
24 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc)

fontspec.patch text/x-patch
signature.asc application/pgp-signature