From: Duncan Coutts <dcoutts@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: haskell@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] retirement
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:22:23
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I've decided to retire as a Gentoo dev.
4
5 I've been a dev for almost exactly 3 years as part of the Haskell team.
6 I was team leader for a year or so. I managed to recruit kolmodin a
7 couple years ago and handed team leadership over to him a few months
8 ago. It's now his turn to recruit some more people to keep the Haskell
9 team well staffed.
10
11 My decision is based on real world time commitments. I'm in the late
12 stages of writing up my PhD thesis and I've recently started a Haskell
13 consultancy company <shameless-plug href="www.well-typed.com"/>. I don't
14 intend to do much less work packaging but I intend to shift my focus
15 from Gentoo packaging to the central Haskell packaging infrastructure
16 http://hackage.haskell.org/. All QA improvements there benefit Gentoo.
17 I'll still have commit access to the haskell overlay and to the hackport
18 tool for automatically converting packages hackage->portage. I'll still
19 be in #gentoo-haskell if you want to find me.
20
21 I'd like to thank everyone for being welcoming and friendly and
22 answering my stupid questions. Thanks especially to the arch teams for
23 all the time they put in for us in testing and stabilising Haskell
24 packages on such a wide range of platforms. I feel I should also
25 apologise to jer for constantly breaking ghc on hppa ;-). Thanks also to
26 jakub for his work filtering and redirecting bugs to us, along with the
27 occasional helpful insight.
28
29 Best of luck everyone.
32 Duncan Coutts : (ex-)Gentoo Developer (Haskell team)
35 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list