From: Andrew Ammerlaan <andrewammerlaan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, chris@×××××××××××××××××××××××.uk
Cc: Alessandro Barbieri <lssndrbarbieri@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Interest in a yarn / NPM eclass
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 11:17:06
1 Hi Chris,
2
3 I think @Alessandro (CC) has already done some work on this over at [1].
4 I'm not sure what the status of it is though. Maybe you two can discuss
5 this together to avoid doing double work.
6
7 Best regards,
8 Andrew
9
10 [1] https://github.com/Alessandro-Barbieri/node-overlay
11
12 On 05/06/2022 07:47, Chris Pritchard wrote:
13 > Hello,
14 >
15 > Would there be any interest in a yarn / NPM eclass that supports offline
16 > installs. For a personal overlay I’ve got a working yarn.eclass
17 > (https://github.com/chriscpritchard/overseerr-overlay/blob/main/eclass/yarn.eclass
18 > <https://github.com/chriscpritchard/overseerr-overlay/blob/main/eclass/yarn.eclass>)
19 > and I’ve been able to make a version that supports npm from
20 > NPM-Shrinkwrap or npm-lock.json files (this is still being tested).
21 >
22 > If there is an interest, would anyone be willing to support me in having
23 > an eclass added to the tree?
24 >
25 > Thanks,
26 >