From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] (infra) rsync updates and distfile fetching offline for next 12-18 hours.
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 01:33:21
1 On 05/20/2010 01:46 PM, Arun Raghavan wrote:
2 > Why is gentoo-core is not enough? I thought all devs were expected to
3 > follow -core, no exceptions made.
4
5 Well, unless something is sensitive it probably doesn't belong on -core.
6 In the spirit of openness we really should have very little traffic on
7 -core (which happily is the case).
8
9 Now, if the announcement included somebody in infra's cell phone number
10 of something as a contact then of course that would be -core material.
11
12 If you want all devs to get something -dev-announce is the right forum,
13 unless it is sensitive.
14
15 Rich