From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [v1.0.2] GLEP 74: Full-tree verification using Manifest files
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 13:08:49
1 Am Mittwoch, 1. November 2017, 09:44:09 CET schrieb Michał Górny:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Ok, so before we get into this deeper, here's another option we've been
5 > discussing. Let's drop the non-strict mode entirely, drop OPTIONAL
6 > and keep MISC as deprecated-used-to-have-special-meaning alias to DATA.
7 >
8 > This is going to make a lot of things simpler, and avoid having the very
9 > long discussion on what should be MISC and what not. Especially given
10 > that the specific definition of MISC makes little sense as-is.
13 +1
14
15 (unless someone comes up with an extremely good usecase that goes beyond user
16 configuration)
19 Andreas K. Hüttel
20 dilfridge@g.o
21 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)