From: Luis Francisco Araujo <araujo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise thread -- a try of clarification
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 09:46:15
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 >
4 >> Since when was overlays.gentoo.org supposed to even be a service to our
5 >> users? As I understand it, the goal was to ease development, not to
6 >> provide an easy method for half-working ebuilds to make it to our user's
7 >> machines.
10 > Our users are our biggest base of testers, and the point of overlays is
11 > to develop and test, so of course one of the goals is to get overlays
12 > onto users' (testers') machines. Making testing as easy as possible is
13 > important. But it should be clear that it is testing, and if the apps
14 > were ready for the real Portage tree, they'd be in it.
15 >
16 > Thanks,
17 > Donnie
20 That's already being done very well with per-team overlays.
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list