From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: MAKEOPTS settings
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 18:31:56
1 On Thursday 27 September 2007, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>:
3 > > also, any package that fails -j1 building should have an open bug
4 > > about it ... parallel building isnt something to be workedaround with
5 > > -j1 and then ignored as it can severely screw people (consider
6 > > systems that have a crap ton of slow procs -- common for mips people)
7 >
8 > That software is from 2005 and I can't help it as I was doing arch
9 > maintenance, maintainers were not reacting => not my beer anymore.
10
11 i'm not telling you to fix it, i'm saying it needs to be tracked and not
12 ignored
13 -mike