From: david@×××××××××.com
To: Vano D <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Embedded
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:42:02
1 On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:22:21PM +0100, Vano D wrote:
2 > On another note, I wonder how easy/hard it would be to add an
3 > option/patch to Portage so as to have a --root option. You then specify
4 > a path and all actions of merging and unmerging would be carried out
5 > there instead of /.
8 This is what I've done but no hackage required.
9 ROOT=/tmp/rootme emerge my-package
10 only problem is ebuild crashes when you use this same syntax.
13 I'll clean up submerge and post it in a couple of days. Hopefully
14 other people will find it useful.
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list