From: Christopher Sawtell <csawtell@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Resignation
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:01:09
1 On Tuesday 17 April 2007 23:42:36 Wernfried Haas wrote:
2 > On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 11:35:01PM +1200, Christopher Sawtell wrote:
3 > > I just hope we are not going to get overly 'precious' about this CoC
4 > > thing, which btw, I note contains the colloquial phrase 'If you screw
5 > > up ...'. That sort of lazy slang language has no place in the official
6 > > document set of any self-respecting organisation. Might I suggest it be
7 > > replaced by something akin to 'If you discover you have made as mistake
8 > > ...'. Also I noticed a simple typo: s/noone/no one/ in the previous
9 > > paragraph.
10 >
11 > Thanks for the input, the council already asked us to go over it and
12 > do some rewording/a more positive approach/etc. We'll keep your
13 > suggestions in mind, too.
14
15 You might find reading the Debian, and particularly, the Ubuntu Code of
16 Conduct a worth-while execise.
17 http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct