From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Git braindump: 2 of N: developer interaction (merge co-ordinators)
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 12:45:45
1 On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:48 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
3 >> IMO we should try to be cutting down barriers from the git migration,
4 >> not throwing up more. The process has taken long enough already; the
5 >> desire to control everything about the migration is part of why it's
6 >> taken so long.
7 >
8 > Fair enough.
9 >
10 > We should also be asking ourselves what happens if something goes
11 > really wrong and there are no commits for a whole two days.  I think
12 > the answer is, not much.  As long as there are a few devs who can tend
13 > to security issues or whatever I don't see it as an issue if we have
14 > the odd glitch.
15
16 That's what I was thinking, too. :)
17
18 > We do need to get the docs up so that we're at least somewhat
19 > harmonized on conventions (authors vs committers, and so on).  Let's
20 > not burn the first person to make a mistake at the stake either...
21
22 Yeah, some initial tutorial of how to get going would probably help a
23 lot. For everything else, there's IRC (and hopefully most of what's
24 discussed there would soon find it's way into the HOWTO doc).
25
26 Cheers,
27
28 Dirkjan