From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: agaffney@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] status of releng project
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:25:50
> 1) I assume most people who are crazy enough to 'install gentoo on > thousands of machines' use some kind of image based installation > process and not a color-by-numbers install vis-a-vis the handbook? > Has anyone written a Gentoo installer that is not image based? > 1.5) There is a hidden assumption here that image based installations > would not work for everyone (likely due to a lack of the 'right' > image; too old, wrong arch, etc...)
agaffney had started work on quickstart, which basically did what the handbook did in an automatic fashion. i only tried it a couple of times, but it worked rather well. its a small and neat piece of code. for anybody looking at deploying Gentoo in an automatic fashion this is a good start: kind regards Thilo

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] status of releng project Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-dev] status of releng project Ramon van Alteren <ramon@××××××××××.nl>