From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [LAST CHANCE]: kernel + kernel module ebuild changes
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:31:42
1 On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 10:37, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 16 March 2004 10:31 am, William Kenworthy wrote:
3 > > There has been a discussion on this in the past and I think it was
4 > > generally agreed that *-config sucks (at least by me!) Even Mandrake
5 > > does this right by a common naming scheme ("drak...")
6 >
7 > it may suck but it's the standard
8 >
9 > distcc-config
10 > java-config
11 > gcc-config
12 > opengl-update
13 > modules-update
14 >
15 > you cant break the standard in just one place ... it's all or nothing
16
17 1) There is no official thing anywhere saying that's standard I've ever
18 seen
19 2) I'll write up a GLEP today for renaming, we had the discussion on
20 list long ago and the vast majority were in favor.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Donnie
24 --