From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: logrotate
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:23:21
1 On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 13:41 +0000, Cory Visi wrote:
2 > Why do we even need a USE flag for this? The logrotate config files are
3 > max, 4k. Just include the config file with your ebuild, which is what I
4 > have done up until now. A user can either run logrotate or not. This
5 > isn't about turning on a feature, it's about saving 4k. I don't think
6 > it's worth it; I feel like USE flags are getting completely out of
7 > control.
8
9 Maybe for embedded or livecd? Maybe for people that don't use
10 logrotate?
11
12 Personally, I don't see an issue with it either way. While USE flags
13 are growing in number, we at least try to make sure they have a use
14 before adding them.
17 Chris Gianelloni
19 Games - Developer
20 Gentoo Linux