From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: What means bup?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 06:39:33
1 Ühel kenal päeval, P, 23.09.2018 kell 21:39, kirjutas Alec Warner:
2 > I don't see a problem with 'version bump' as a description. Sometimes
3 > you bump an ebuild because upstream released a new version and you
4 > want to track. I'm fairly against changes describing what was changed
5 > (typically the reader can git show and observe the changes.) The
6 > useful information is *why* the change was made. Sometimes its
7 > because "upstream released a new version."
8 >
9 > Like Matt I'm curious what others expect to see in the description.
10
11 I expect to see the version number being bumped to. At least something
12 like
13 "cat/pkg: bump to 1.2.3"
14 This help tremendously for git shortlog, and just "bump" is something
15 you do all the time, so not a good summary. But bump to a specific
16 version is a good summary, as it says it exactly enough and in summary.
17
18 However Matthew does that already, in the form of
19 "cat/pkg: 1.2.3 bump".
20
21 I don't agree with "bup", but it indeed mostly has been "bump" now, and
22 my only problem there is that I'm not used to that order (vs "bump to
23 1.2.3").
26 Mart