From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla package list editing
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 15:23:06
1 Ühel kenal päeval, T, 02.05.2017 kell 02:31, kirjutas Andreas K.
2 Huettel:
3 > Am Sonntag, 30. April 2017, 12:29:46 CEST schrieb Mart Raudsepp:
4 > >
5 > > Please stop editing package lists when you are not the maintainer
6 > > and
7 > > arches are already CCed.
10 > +1
11 >
12 > Please stop it.
13 > And yes that's also true for arch team members.
14 >
15 > Package list is maintainer territory.
16
17 He keeps messing with this.
18 Can we please remove his editbugs privileges until he learns to be more
19 considerate towards others?
20
21 I'm sick and tired of seeing these non-maintainer package list editing
22 e-mails that I need to spend time on to validate what was changed
23 again.
24 As-is, one person is constantly generating lots of small amount of
25 extra checking work for everyone else due to being stubborn and not
26 simply prepending a = in front of the package list lines, if not
27 present yet, as he must have a script already to filter out the
28 packages that are needed for hppa (and no, it's not just a grep hppa).
29 (and it's not always just prepending of =, there can always be other
30 easter eggs in longer package lists without as much as a comment, as
31 many have experienced, so you do need to really carefully check what
32 the heck was changed again).
35 Mart