From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council meeting summary for 10 April 2008
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 00:21:19
1 On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 04:50:52PM -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Ways to track commit stats of various sorts came up, such as cia.vc
3 > and ohloh. cia seems to have too much downtime to rely on. ciaranm
4 > talked with ohloh people already. ohloh would require some
5 > modifications to ohcount to recognize ebuilds and eclasses, and a
6 > full copy of the cvs repository to start, but it seems worth
7 > exploring. Betelgeuse said he would tar up a copy of the gentoo-x86
8 > repo.
9 Having OhLoh would be nice, but over the course of the last year,
10 they've found that their system is not really capable of handling the
11 scope of the gentoo-x86 CVS tree.
12
13 Their system tries to get the full history every time, which is a design
14 issue. See the constant failures here:
15 http://www.ohloh.net/projects/gentoo/enlistments?query=gentoo-x86&sort=module_name&commit=Update
16
17 I did get in touch with them a year ago:
18 http://www.ohloh.net/forums/11/topics/183
19 This moved to private email, and I suggested some changes to how they
20 were doing it, as well as telling them how to fetch the gentoo-x86 tree
21 with rsync - but they (Robin Luckey) never got back to me beyond that.
24 Robin Hugh Johnson
25 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
26 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
27 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85