From: Rainer Groesslinger <scandium@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] "cvspserver" local use flag for dev-util/cvs
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:04:39
1 Hello,
2
3 I'd like to add a new local use flag called "cvspserver" or "pserver"
4 for dev-util/cvs.
5
6 Currently, the ebuilds add config files and a cvs user/group (incl.
7 /var/cvsroot as the home directory) but to keep it more leightweight I'd
8 like to not add the uid/gid etc. to the system if the flag is not set.
9
10 Some people already asked me if it is really neccessary to add those
11 things on every system and well, in fact, it isn't :)
12
13 Also, a lot of people who merge dev-util/cvs will never run a pserver
14 anyway, the others can simply enable the use flag.
15
16 I'll go ahead and do the changes to 1.11.13 (currently ~ on all arches)
17 if there are no objections.
20 Rainer
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list