From: Christian Andreetta <satya@×××××××××××××.org>
To: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
Cc: mono@g.o, java@g.o, tcl@g.o, gnome@g.o, klasikahl@g.o, apache@g.o, perl@g.o, ruby@g.o, karltk@g.o, mythtv@g.o, eradicator@g.o, vapier@g.o, liquidx@g.o, cjk@g.o, usata@g.o, spock@g.o, mozilla@g.o, seemant@g.o, dmwaters@g.o, lanius@g.o, python@g.o, lisa@g.o, cyfred@g.o, method@g.o, solar@g.o, satya@g.o, dragonheart@g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-web-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: net-www breakup - review required
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:16:19
On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 06:32:39AM +0100, Stuart Herbert wrote:
> We're looking to *completely* remove the burgeoning 'net-www' category and > replace it with a set of new categories: > > www-apache - for apache & it's plugins > www-apps - for web-based applications (general dumping ground) > (expect to break this up at some point in the future) > www-client - for web browsers, plugins, and other 'clients' > www-misc - dumping ground for stuff that doesn't run under a webserver > www-proxy - for proxy servers > www-server - for all web servers that aren't apache > > Some of the packages currently under 'net-www' will be moved into one of the > 'dev-*' categories. > > You can find the list here: > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/www-split.txt >
very well organized. Looking through the list, i came over a few unmaintained packages that i could follow :) Could we think of a www-appserver group (or whatever alike) to contain all application servers now under dev-* or net-www? These are some i know about, but surely there are more in the list, or to come in future ;): at least other 5 of them are not in gentoo at now, but are widely used, so... net-www/cocoon net-www/jboss net-www/jetty net-www/orion net-www/resin net-www/resin-ee net-www/tomcat dev-python/skunkweb (?) net-www/screem -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list