From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Concept of Projects - How to proceed?
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 18:51:59
1 On 6/7/20 9:14 PM, Jonas Stein wrote:
2 >
3 > Glad to read your offer. Yes, please do so.
4 >
5 > I think it would hurt the Gentoo project if single developers delete
6 > projects
7 >
8 > - without without informing the project members
9 > - without prior discussion (on gentoo-dev for example),
10 > - without vote/consent
11 > - without an organized shutdown (reassign bugs, archive things...).
12 >
13 > However we should continue to find a general solution for the problems
14 > discussed in this thread and find a general consent.
15 >
16 > Thank you.
17 >
18 The "voting" and "discussion" happened in #gentoo-dev IRC channel. Every
19 participant was unhappy with the state of graphics project, and even
20 after pinging the project, no members responded. This "discussion" has
21 been ongoing for a while now. While I agree the outcome wasn't clean, in
22 my eyes attempts to contact project has been made.
23
24 Now for the future, I wouldn't mind having a "last rite: XYV Project" or
25 similar e-mail sent to gentoo-dev{-announce} before action to ebuilds is
26 taken, so the project members/lead has one final chance to stop it.
27 Maybe this even encourages us to go through some of the more inactive
28 projects currently?
29
30 -- juippis