From: David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo GPG key policies
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 14:19:13
1 On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 4:47 AM, <grozin@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 22 Mar 2013, Panagiotis Christopoulos wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I'm not sure if it's related, but have you set PORTAGE_GPG_DIR and/or
5 >> PORTAGE_GPG_KEY in your make.conf?
6 >
7 > Sure:
8 >
9 > PORTAGE_GPG_DIR="/home/grozin/.gnupg"
10 > PORTAGE_GPG_KEY="00C6DAB1!"
11 >
12 > Even if I'll be able to configer gpg-agent properly, this will solve only a
13 > small part of the problem. I always do commits from elrond.inp.nsk.su, it is
14 > in my office at Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics. When I'm in my office,
15 > I'm logged in, and there's kde session. gpg-agent should ask for my pass
16 > phrase, and things should work. OK.
17 >
18 > When I'm at home, I log in elrond via ssh. As a rule, there's still a kde
19 > session at the console (why should I start emacs, firefox, etc., again next
20 > morning?). Hence there's gpg-agent running. As far as I can understand, it
21 > will ask for my pass phrase on the switched off monitor in my locked office.
22 > Not very useful.
23 >
24 > When I'm somewhere else (in Karlsruhe, for example), elrond is always
25 > switched on, but there is no session on the console. I log in via ssh. There
26 > is no gpg-agent running. How do I commit stuff?
27 >
28 > Thanks in advance,
29 > Andrey
32 Have you tried using keychain at the remote location?
33 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/keychain-guide.xml
36 David Abbott (dabbott)
37 Gentoo
38 http://dev.gentoo.org/~dabbott/