From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New Translator: achumakov
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 23:01:14
Round two;

We've got a new lead russian translator, Alexey Chumakov (achumakov).

Feel free to harass him, make him tell you dirty words in russian, and
make 'em do a bit of work in addition.

Some background info provided from him-

I am 30. I was born in Kiev, Ukraine, and now live in Moscow.
Russian is my mother-tongue. I am married almost 12 years, and we live
together with our beautiful 10-years-old daugher.

I am spinning in a computer world over 20 years. Grew up with Amstrad
and DEC MicroVAX, Atari, Commodore and Russian EC (IBM 360 clone).
Then moved to PC and Mac, _but_ at that time completely missed Unix/Linux
world as I had to lead some L10N projects then was CIO for the large
non-IT company. Now I am the head of IT outsourcing department for
Russian system integrator.

Localization is rather my hobby together with the applied linguistics,
usability and psychology.

Since K. Arkhipov ([14]voxus@g.o) had installed Gentoo 2004.3
on my home desktop (it was a Christmas joke ;), I am in fact reviving
the GDP Russian branch to promote Gentoo Linux to the Russians and to
learn it myself while maintaining docs translation ;-)

Everyone give Alexey a warm welcome.
~harring