From: Rudi Strasser <rudi.strasser@×××.de>
To: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How can I contribute an ebuild
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 03:35:21
1 On Sunday 08 February 2004 03:18, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Rudi Strasser wrote:
3 > > I was searching across the gentoo.org website for a while, however, I was
4 > > not able to figure out what is the preferred way to contribute an ebuild
5 > > ?
6 > >
7 > > I habe an ebuild for the Jetty webapp container ready (let's say a first,
8 > > probably crude version) and would like to contribute it to Gentoo CVS.
9 > >
10 > > Actually I would like to be able to work on it on the gentoo CVS if that
11 > > is possible (I would not mind to become a developer, if that is required,
12 > > or possible)
13 > >
14 > > Thanks for your assistance.
15 >
16 > Submit it at bugs.gentoo.org
17 Hmmmm, I'm currently trying, but I can nowhere find a way to add the 'tar'
18 package containing the files. Probably I am too stupid.
19
20 I used the 'new developer' section, since there was no package existing for
21 'jetty', was that right ?
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list